Personal Home Training
Private training is customised to your individual needs and budget. Our qualified trainer will come to your home to work on the obedience commands and/or behaviour problems of your choice. We are available by phone to deal with problems and questions at no additional charge once you are in the course.
Perfect for training your dog or puppy basic obedience (sit, down, stay, walking on leash, come when called), training good manners (not to jump on guests), advanced dog obedience skills (including off-leash work), and solving challenges such as house training.
$1,500 Private Training Sessions
$1,800 (onwards) Aggression Consultation & Training (Excludes pre-consultation questionnaire and evaluation)
Consultation is an important evaluation and training session that determines the best training program and problem solving routines for your dog. During this consultation, you’ll gain valuable information about your dog’s personality and how to solve some of those pesky problems.
In-Home Training means you and your entire family can share in the process. You’ll enjoy one-on-one private sessions with a personal trainer who comes to your home or office. Your daily follow-through between sessions will have some specific advantages. You and your dog train together and problems are solved in your dog’s home environment, where they most likely occur. You must be able to schedule regular appointments with the trainer and you need to commit to training with your dog for a minimum of twenty minutes a day or more, depending on the dog. Problem solving depends on the problem. Training can begin when your dog is as young as eight weeks old.
Ideal for :
- Solving nasty problems such as aggression towards people or other animals.
- Curing irritating habits like barking, jumping up on people, scratching / whining at the back door.
- Creating an obedient dog or puppy that will happily walk on lead without tugging, sit or stay on command, and come immediately when called. (Sorry, we don’t train kids!)
- Setting ‘off limit / no go’ areas for your dog.
- Reducing the stress of ‘separation anxiety’ without the need for sedatives or drugs.
- No breed is un-trainable. No dog is too old to learn new tricks.
All dogs are different, just like people, so we vary our approach based on each dog’s individual personality and temperament, and what will work for that dog. We also vary the training to suit the family’s specific needs and lifestyle, the dog’s environment and what YOU do or don’t want your dog to do.
There are no big sticks, rolled newspapers or threats of any kind.
We teach you to use just your VOICE to control your dog… both on and off lead, at your home, at the park…anywhere.
What you will learn on our Basic On-Leash In Home Training :
- Heel & Automatic Sit
- Sit / Stay
- Down / Down Stay
- Come when Called
- Response to “No” & “Okay”
- Complete Problem Solving
- Agressive Behaviour, Biting or Growling
- Excessive Barking
- Jumping on People, Fences, Furniture
- Running Away
- Stealing Food
- Nipping & Mouthing
- Pulling on the Leash
- Adjusting to a Child
- Chasing Cars, Car Behaviour
- Other Annoying Problems
Advantages of Private Training :
- Customised services address what you and your dog really need
- Individualised attention
- Lesson times that work with your schedule
- Practice at your pace
- Written recommendations provided for each client (ask for it)
- Phone or email support available between sessions
We will show you how to use treats, toys and other things your dog enjoys to train new behaviors. You will learn various ways to reinforce desired behavior so you will not always need to be reliant on treats to have a well- mannered dog. We also educate owners on non-confrontational ways to establish a healthy, leadership relationship with their pet.